Art is a gift to be received and shared and comes in many many forms. Paint, Cook, Travel, Poetry... you name it, if you're sharing creative energy, that's an Art. ~Steph

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Lady Has Soul! Kita Simone

Introducing Kita Simone. Singer, Songwriter, Businesswoman. With her beautiful voice, strong sense of family and dedication, and ambitious work this energetic Entertainer is on a roll and making things happen as she goes!


What is life with Kita like?

Life with me is spontaneous. You don't ever know if it's going to be a play hard or work hard day or if it's going to be a mix of the two. Plus, I have these whims where I want to be outrageous.I'm a bad girl with a good heart, so being a little outrageous is expected. lol

Where are you from?

I'm from Jeffersonville, Indiana. It's a small city right next to Louisville, Kentucky. To keep it simple I usually say I'm from Louisville.

Was music a part of your childhood?

To give you the short answer... I was five years old, I told my mom I wanted to sing and she put me in the church's youth choir. I've been singing ever since.

Was it your dream to be a music Artist when you were young?

Actually, it was my only dream. When I was young, I loved attention. Okay let me stop playing, I still do. Singing and performing allowed me to be myself. It all started because of a TV show I saw when I was five. I'll save that story for another time. :-)

What were you like as a child?

As a child, I was shy and nervous around people. I seemed to always be in trouble. I was artistic. I loved crafts, music, dancing, and writing. Anything I could do to use my imagination I was on it.

What types of music/artists have influenced you?

I would have to say you name it, it probably influenced me. I was a church kid, so gospel is on the top of the list. Yet, I listened to everything from Pat Benatar to the Beatles, to Stevie Wonder and Lena Horne, to Whitney and Mariah, to Michael and Janet Jackson, to Usher and Beyonce, to The Fray and Carrie Underwood and the list could go on for probably years. So if you put it in the CD player, I might not like it but would definitely give it a listen.

What Genre of music interests you most?

I call it Jazz-Hop.You're thinking, what is that? It's blend of all types of music but mainly Jazz, R&B, Pop and Hip-Hop. Fun music from a fun person.

What do you see/plan for your future in entertainment?

I really don't know what the Lord has for me. However I see myself everywhere from TV to movies to making more music. Maybe even the business side of things but regardless I still want to be making good music. 

Have you performed anywhere?

Not recently. After the album is finished, performing and touring will be next on the agenda. Maybe even a few parties.

Are there any CDs in the works?

Yes. I'm currently working on my debut CD. It's still untitled as of now but look out for it this summer.

What other colorful things do you like to do?

I like to write, read, play and watch sports, shopping of course. I love being with my family and friends. I like making, planning, and designing things. I also just love making people smile or laugh.

Where can the readers learn or hear more from you?

They can check out my website at http://www.kitasimone.com and join my mailing list. I will keep them up-to date on what's going on. Plus, they can follow me on Twitter or Facebook me. Those links are on my site as well.

Are there any words you would like to share?

Of course. LOL. Life is what you make it. No matter what you've been through or what you've done, you can change your life as long as you're living and breathing. Don't let anyone stop you from your dreams, goals, or anything that will affect you positively. So I leave you for now, with my favorite quote...
“Be yourself. Know yourself. Love yourself.
-Kita-Simone

Thank you Kita! We wish you beauty, color and success on your Journey!  And make sure to share your new CD with us as soon as it's out!

No comments:


Categories

(c) 2009 - 2011
Stephanie Jordan, Diviacity

All Works Protected
Please do not copy or redistribute
in any form without writing
diviacity@diviacity.com


The views expressed in these interviews
are soley those of the interviewees.




Make sure to check out the show online :-))

Mailing List

YouTube